Prayer for Writers
(taken from Saintly Support: A Prayer for Every Problem)

May the Lord guide me and all those who write for a living. Through your prayers, St. Frances de Sales, I ask for your intercession as I attempt to bring the written word to the world. Let us pray that God takes me in the palm of His hand and inspires my creativity and inspires my success. St. Francis de Sales, you understand the dedication required in this profession. Pray for God to inspire and allow ideas to flow. In His name, let my words reflect my faith for others to read. Amen.

Monday, May 10, 2010

May 10

Today marks the anniversary of my First Holy Communion. I'm not completely sure about the year, but I believe it was 1979. What an exciting day! My classmates and I had been practicing for weeks and the day finally came when we could receive the precious Host at last!

Fast forward 30 some years and it saddens me to think those very same classmates of mine are no longer as enthusiastic as they were on that day we received the Sacrament insituted by Christ at the Last Supper. It amazes me that a little child can have so much wisdom, but when we become adults, our judgment becomes so clouded with so many things.

Some people tend to get annoyed if I ask them if they've been to Mass. Others seem somewhat open, but not interested in changing their habits just yet. Every once in a while, someone will be completely open and come back to Mass. I try not to show it, but I'm usually so elated that I want to jump up and down. The excitement I feel is that of a genuine spirit....knowing that they can experience the fullness and joy of the Catholic faith. It has been such an incredible blessing to me, that I want everyone to be blessed and to come to know Jesus, the way that I have come to know Him.

He has become the greatest friend, listening to my pouts, encouraging me with hope, being patient with me when I curse my trials, blessing me with an incredible family and holy friends. And He waits there for all of us in that tiny Host, if only we receive Him. Lucky for us, He'd wait decades for us if that was how long it would take. I pray this day and every day that my friends will open their hearts and come to know the fullness of the Lord in the host, just as they did that on that beautiful spring day on the 10th of May.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Very nice sentiments Megan. It was 1980, less than a month after Grandpop died. I think he left you with a special gift.