Prayer for Writers
(taken from Saintly Support: A Prayer for Every Problem)

May the Lord guide me and all those who write for a living. Through your prayers, St. Frances de Sales, I ask for your intercession as I attempt to bring the written word to the world. Let us pray that God takes me in the palm of His hand and inspires my creativity and inspires my success. St. Francis de Sales, you understand the dedication required in this profession. Pray for God to inspire and allow ideas to flow. In His name, let my words reflect my faith for others to read. Amen.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Lord is my Shepherd

Does it seem like something is missing in your life? How often do we try to fill in that void with material things, yet they never seem to satisfy. We must realize the only source of true joy is Christ in your heart. Even on my worst day, I have hope and joy because I know that Jesus is with me and guiding me and will not lead me astray if only I trust Him completely.

Stop looking for that imperfect love and learn the truest love of all - not the love of self as the song would say - but the love of the one who died for you, the one who forgives you over and over again. God loves us in a way we cannot comprehend and wants us to love Him back. Seek nothing but Him and that void will be no more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The King of love my shepherd is,
whose goodness faileth never;
I nothing lack if I am his,
and he is mine forever.

Where streams of living water flow,
my ransomed soul he leadeth,
and where the verdant pastures grow,
with food celestial feedeth.

Perverse and foolish oft I strayed,
but yet in love He sought me,
and on his shoulder gently laid,
and home, rejoicing, brought me.

In death's dark vale I fear no ill
with thee, dear Lord, beside me;
thy rod and staff my comfort still,
thy cross before to guide me.

Thou spread'st a table in my sight;
thy unction grace bestoweth;
and O what transport of delight
from thy pure chalice floweth!

And so through all the length of days
thy goodness faileth never:
Good Shepherd, may I sing thy praise
within thy house for ever.

Henry W. Baker

Anonymous said...

Truly heart stopping! Thank you for sharing!

Megan said...

Just realized this is a song that I love!!