Prayer for Writers
(taken from Saintly Support: A Prayer for Every Problem)

May the Lord guide me and all those who write for a living. Through your prayers, St. Frances de Sales, I ask for your intercession as I attempt to bring the written word to the world. Let us pray that God takes me in the palm of His hand and inspires my creativity and inspires my success. St. Francis de Sales, you understand the dedication required in this profession. Pray for God to inspire and allow ideas to flow. In His name, let my words reflect my faith for others to read. Amen.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Words to Live By

St. Therese: "Why should we defend ourselves when we are misunderstood and misjudged? Let us leave that aside. Let us not say anything. It is so sweet to let others judge us in any way they like. O blessed silence, which gives so much peace to the soul!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats perfect I just had a disagreement with someone and I was trying to persuade him to believe that I am a nice person,he mad threats to harm my livelyhood ,I went to check on things and found numerous people looking after my things,it hit me I was worying about someone you didn't matter and I was overlooking the people who really cared for me,not everyone is going to like you ,and with that said if everyone dosen't like you that doesn't mean you failed
thank you

Anonymous said...

Remember that Jesus was persecuted first. He was silent and didn't waste His time explaining his position because He knew it would bear no fruit. He did, however, speak to those who loved Him and those He knew would heed His messages. Always remember that Jesus is with you always and loves you despite your faults.