Prayer for Writers
(taken from Saintly Support: A Prayer for Every Problem)

May the Lord guide me and all those who write for a living. Through your prayers, St. Frances de Sales, I ask for your intercession as I attempt to bring the written word to the world. Let us pray that God takes me in the palm of His hand and inspires my creativity and inspires my success. St. Francis de Sales, you understand the dedication required in this profession. Pray for God to inspire and allow ideas to flow. In His name, let my words reflect my faith for others to read. Amen.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Flower in the Field

In my younger years, I dreamt of being someone short of famous, whether it be an Olympian gymnast, a broadway singer or a professional dancer. Every once in a while I'd think, "If only I had done this or that, life could have been smooth sailing". But would it really? While there is nothing wrong with those professions should God will them, I think that it was not God's will for me. I might have missed His call to be His devoted child. And worse, I could have become so vain and lost my soul completely.

Instead, He chose me to be a small ordinary flower in the field, performing small acts with great love using the example of His Beloved Little Flower, Therese of Lisieux. (To many of you, Therese needs no introduction. In case you don't know her, make a point of getting yourself acquainted. )

Winning a gold medal sure could have been grand, but nothing is more grand than the treasure of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Flower,
I am wowed. Thank You for the spiritual lift. May God Bless you and your family.