Prayer for Writers
(taken from Saintly Support: A Prayer for Every Problem)

May the Lord guide me and all those who write for a living. Through your prayers, St. Frances de Sales, I ask for your intercession as I attempt to bring the written word to the world. Let us pray that God takes me in the palm of His hand and inspires my creativity and inspires my success. St. Francis de Sales, you understand the dedication required in this profession. Pray for God to inspire and allow ideas to flow. In His name, let my words reflect my faith for others to read. Amen.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Venite Adoremus

What would you do if you heard Jesus was nearby just waiting for you to come see Him? Most likely, many of us would flock to Him. Well, if you don't already know, Jesus is nearby and He desperately longs to see each one of us. He's there in the tabernacle, hopefully in the center of the church. He's in a chapel exposed, so that we may praise Him, speak to Him, love Him and that He may speak to and love us in return.

There are some who can't understand how Jesus can truly be present in a small common substance. I won't quote the bible because they've heard it before and always rebut with explanations that seem logical. I will just say this. I know that Jesus is present in the Eucharist by the peace that has captured my soul, by the love that I feel for each person I meet and the fact that I truly know Him and not just "of" Him and choose to serve Him. None of these things would exist save for the very existence of Jesus in the Holy Eucharist that He gives as a free gift to me. That is something that can't be replaced with logic.

So, Come Adore Him, not just at Christmas, but every day for even a moment. You will, no doubt, bring joy to your heart and even more to His.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are truly an evangelist.Our Heavenly Father I'm sure is so pleased with you..Many Graces and Blessings to you and your family.