Prayer for Writers
(taken from Saintly Support: A Prayer for Every Problem)

May the Lord guide me and all those who write for a living. Through your prayers, St. Frances de Sales, I ask for your intercession as I attempt to bring the written word to the world. Let us pray that God takes me in the palm of His hand and inspires my creativity and inspires my success. St. Francis de Sales, you understand the dedication required in this profession. Pray for God to inspire and allow ideas to flow. In His name, let my words reflect my faith for others to read. Amen.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Guardian Dear

I think most of us are aware of our personal Guardian Angels, but how often do we call on them? They're there at every moment guiding us and waiting to be called upon. Be sure to call your Angel any time you feel threatened, nervous or just plain scared.

The Angel does more than just protect and guide. If you happen to need a nudge to get out of bed in the morning, ask your Angel the night before, and you can be sure you'll be up in no time. Worried about that job interview? Ask your Angel to be with you to keep you calm and collected. You might not get the job, but you can be sure you gave it your best shot.

One of my favorite things to ask my Angel - as inspired by St. Pio - is to be a messenger. Some time ago, I was walking over to a hair salon with the intention of getting a drastic cut. I prayed to my Angel to go to the stylist's Angel to find a suitable cut for me. Imagine my delight when I was introduced to the stylist whose name was Angel! Both Angels delivered as the cut was fantastic!

We should begin each day with the beautiful prayer to our beloved Angel. Angel of God, My Guardian Dear, to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day be at my side, to light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me to have faith and believe! As i was reading this blog I received the very important phone call I had been waiting for.